GW Student Association logo

GW Listens is a student-run support network. We're here if you need help or want to talk

Dot gov

Designed by students, run by students, built for students.
Mental health is just as important as physical health. In that spirit, and with the knowledge that many of us struggle in college, we decided to create a platform for student volunteers to speak with students who need to be helped, listened to, and supported. Read more about us.

We are available Sunday through Wednesday, from 9:00p to 1:00a, starting next school year on 10 September 2017.


We are here if you need someone to talk to. All of our conversations will forever be anonymous.

Call us at (202) 242-8255

Skip to main content


Line Item transfers

Learn how to move funds from one commitment to another in your budget.

How to request a line item transfer

What is a line item transfer? You may find that you have under/over estimated costs for parts of your program. Line Item Transfers may be used to transfer allocated funds from one category to the same category within an approved program (i.e. General Supplies to General Supples; not General Supplies to Food).

How do I submit a line item transfer request?

Step 1: Login to OrgSync and select your organization.
Step 2: Select "Forms" from the menu and navigate to the "SA Annual Allocation Line Item Transfer Request" document.
Step 3: Click "Begin Form" and fill out the request. You're done!

Once you submit the request, you should expect to get a decision from the Finance committee in a few days or weeks.

As with all other requests, be as detailed as possible.